COUNTER MAT ARTWORK CHECKLIST
Art Check List
A quick test to insure success! Please review this check list before submitting your counter mat art. Art and digital files that pass this pre-flight "test" usually flow through our system with ease. For more about submitting art, visit our General Art Specs page. A PDF version of this Art Check List is also available.
• 1⁄8″ Bleed when art extends off of the mat
• Critical elements at least 1⁄4″ inside mat edge
2 DIGITAL IMAGES
EVERY file used to create the final piece MUST be included. This includes the editable original files linked to or placed within other images or files.
• Images saved as high resolution .psd, .tif, .eps or .ai files
• Images saved at 300ppi/dpi, sized to 100%
• Editable versions of all files included
• Reverse Type at least 18pt serif, 12pt sans-serif
• Converted to outlines/curves
• All Screen & Printer fonts included
Current or recent Mac or PC versions of the following:
• InDesign® • QuarkXPress™ • PageMaker® • Acrobat® PDF
• Photoshop® • Illustrator® • Freehand® • CorelDraw®
Word, PowerPoint, and Excel files are not acceptable file formats.
• File Upload Utility for files 2-80Mb
• Email files less than 2Mb to your Product Specialist
• CD (Mac or PC format)
• DVD (Mac or PC format)
6 COLOR TARGET / OUTPUT SAMPLE
Include a complete, full sized hard copy of the composite art submitted. These may be color or black & white, but must be printed from the final file(s) you provide. 4-Color Process targets should be printed using calibrated output devices.
• Calibrated color target
• PMS callouts for spot color mats
• Black & White prints for position only
7 COLORS — PROCESS & PMS
When referencing a PMS color in a process color print, refer to a Pantone® Process Imaging Guide to see how the color translates when converted to CMYK. Most colors change, sometimes quite drastically, when converted to CMYK. We match to coated PMS colors.
• CMYK 4-Color Process
• Coated Pantone® PMS
8 DESIGN TIPS
• Avoid small type and other thin elements for fabric counter mats
• Include all files, including fonts and images
• Convert fonts to outlines/curves
• Supply a printed copy of the final layout and color samples or color targets
9 CORNER RADIUS
• 3⁄8″ is our standard corner radius
10 TYPICAL MAT LAYOUT
Hard Surface Mouse Pads
Fabric Surface Mouse Pads
Window / Photo Mouse Pads